One day, I decide to personify this feeling. It is Wretched (note the capitilisation; it is being personified.) Wretched walks by my side and hugs me every so often.
When I feel Wretched, I recoil at its touch. But Wretched grips tighter, and I cannot help but feel Wretched. After a while, Wretched becomes a normality in my life. I begin to mistake myself with Wretched. I am Wretched. I am Me. I am not Me. I am not Wretched.
This conflict throws me into more tumult then ever. But Wretched still hugs me every day. Wretched becomes the only constant thing in my life. In a while, I am used to this feeling.
One day, I wake up and I do not feel Wretched. I am confused and thrown into more tumult then ever.
I need to feel Wretched. I cannot be me without feeling Wretched. I am in love with feeling Wretched. I realise this and allow Wretched to embrace me every day. I do not fight Wretched. I need Wretched.
If I am not Wretched, I am not me.
Definition:
The Power of Literature: phrase. The ability to make beautiful things out of nothing.
Example: Turning the worst possible feeling in the world into a love story.
Good Morrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment